Sunday, November 2, 2014

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 2--Ms. Ana (and Ms. Ariana, too)

Last year, I gave thanks for Mrs. Sandra Telleria, my trusty sidekick in PreK2 (also known as a classroom assistant!). Sandra moved last April to California, where her children are currently in university, in order to be closer to family. I was so sad to see her go, but also so thankful that Ana was already working in the preschool wing as the "floating assistant", ready to jump into a full-time position in my classroom. Ana had previously worked in the PreK2 classroom for MANY years, and needed absolutely no training or encouragement to jump right in! Ana has incredible English and translates all written communication to parents (and helps me speak with parents when my Spanish isn't good enough). She is extremely dependable, creative in her preparations for class, and just a plain GOOD teacher! I love watching her interact with and love on our students and am SO thankful for our partnership! I thank God for Ana Gutierrez!
Ariana and Ana outside of our classroom

I'm also thankful for Ariana, who is now the "floater" between the three classrooms in our wing--a hard job in which you need to learn the kids, systems, and routines of 3 classrooms! She works with my students for about 90 minutes throughout the day, and also cares for the preschoolers after school. She's a kind, caring asset to our program. I'm thankful for Ariana's assistance and flexibility throughout the day! I thank God for Ariana!

No comments:

Post a Comment