Sunday, November 16, 2014

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 16: Our Sunday School Class

I (Andrew) made the plunge and am now teaching Sunday School to 9 and 10 year-olds at Iglesia Bautista Esperanza. Ruth is my trusty side-kick as long as Mae and Charlotte are okay with her leaving them in their own Spanish-only classes. While the teaching is fun and something I feel prepared for, the language part is still tricky. I am thankful for patient, forgiving students who are willing to learn from someone who must sound absolutely hilarious!

Most of these kids ride to the church in a church "micro-bus" (with up to 30-40 kids crammed in this one vehicle!) from a low-no income neighborhood a few minutes away from the church, and then ride home again in the van after Sunday School. So for most of them, Sunday School is church. . .this being both a privilege for which I'm thankful and a pretty big responsibility for which I covet your prayers.















No comments:

Post a Comment