Monday, November 16, 2015

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 16--Coconut oil and a thoughtful husband


When Andrew called me on his way home from his trip to the Corn Islands and told me he had a present for me, I thought ‘There is not anything he could have gotten for me that I could possibly want.’ When he got home and handed me 2 quarts of coconut oil in an assortment of water bottles, I knew I had not given him enough credit. 


I have been talking for 2 and a half years about wanting to buy coconut oil from a woman who sells it here, but because it requires some pre-thought (ordering it in advance) and planning (picking it up at a specific location at a specific time), I have never gotten around to it. 

So, today, I am thankful for a thoughtful husband who listens to me and can still surprise me with his goodness. 

Also, I am thankful for coconut oil, because it is delicious!  One of the main reasons I have been wanting to buy coconut oil is because our friends Liam and Jess make the best super delicious kettle corn with coconut oil.  You should try it too!  Here is the recipe:

1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/2 c. unpopped popcorn


Mix the sugar and oil for about 30 sec. or so in a big pan with a lid. (It's best if the lid is glass so you can see what you're popping.)  
Add three kernels, when they pop, add the rest.  
Shake it as it goes so it doens't burn.
Sprinkle salt at the end!







Tomorrow, I plan on lathering my hair in coconut oil tooJ

No comments:

Post a Comment