Wednesday, November 11, 2015

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 11--Baby Shower Donations and more

I just got home from another great baby shower, celebrating 10 weeks of learning, sharing, and growing with 14 beautiful pregnant women. As I reflect on this event, I have so many things to be thankful for:

I am thankful for the donations that make it possible to give each of these women a gift with clothes, diapers, wipes, soap, toys and other baby necessities.  Thank you to those of you who have donated clothes, and to those of you who support our ministry financially--your donations are used to purchase many of the items in these gift bags.
Going through donations to get baby gifts ready
All ready to go!
Gabriella excited to get her gift
 
I am so thankful to be serving in a way that uses my passion, gifts, and vocational background.  I know this sounds weird, but I really do love pregnant women and the little lives inside of each of them.  I do not take it for granted that I happened upon this perfect opportunity.

Miriam receiving her diploma


I am thankful for the support I have from many who make this group possible... Dr. Sonia, many community health workers, and volunteers.   
Marta, one of the community health workers starts each class with a devotional and a song

I am thankful for these women and their commitment to be great moms. Participation in the class involves many sacrifices--walking many kilometers, spending precious money on transportation, leaving behind many household tasks that need to be completed, finding someone to watch their other kids.  I can't believe we had 14 dedicated women participate in this session--triple what we normally have. 
 


Finally, I am thankful that despite a language and culture barrier, we can have a whole bunch of fun together!

Making toilet paper diapers
Bottle drinking race
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment