Tuesday, November 24, 2015

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 24--15 or so awesome kids. . .

Today I'm thankful for these kids that I have the privilege of working with on Thursday afternoons at Tesoros de Dios! I praise God for their lives, and for the brief but wonderful time our lives can intersect each week while we play and laugh and sing, and play instruments and do art together. This is just a handful of the 100-plus kids that are blessed by the services and therapies offered by Tesoros de Dios. But these are the kids I know and have come to love over these last two and a half years.

I'm thankful for David, and Madeline, and Melisa, and Cynthia. David was making fun of me for the song motions I was teaching today, and gave me a laughing attack in front of everyone!

 I'm thankful for Jorge, who took a little time to win over, and for Juan Jose and this guy on the end whom I just met and don't yet know by name.
I'm thankful for Jefferson, who is sometimes too cool to participate, but absolutely always ready to help. And I'm thankful for my son Henry for coming with me today as we practiced for our Christmas program--he was a great DJ. And for the moms who spend so much of their lives dedicated to their children, always present with their children at Tesoros de Dios. And for Oliver and Brandon and Kendry and Pablo and Uthman, students who aren't in these pictures because they weren't present today or were too busy moving around for me to get a decent picture. Pray for these kids. And thank God for them with me today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment