Monday, November 25, 2013

30 Days of Thanksgiving: November 25--Music Class

When my students leave on Mondays at 12:30 pm, my school day is not over! I quickly push around tables, set out carpet squares, and get into "Music Class" mode. Today was my fourth week leading a 30-minute music class with 17 NCA preschool and kindergarten students. Stealing a bit from my own kid's experiences in Music Together classes, we have a ball exploring instruments, playing music games, dancing with scarves, clapping beats, singing silly songs, etc. I have two adult helpers to control the craziness, and I'm thankful that they seem to love the class, too! While we only have one more scheduled class, I think there was enough interest that we will repeat the class for students after Christmas. We're also thinking about ways to use music in other settings as well--possibly Tesoros de Dios or an orphanage? We'll see where He leads! I'm so thankful for the gift of music, and the opportunities I've had at NCA to use music in my classroom and beyond.
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment