Thursday, November 7, 2013

30 Days of Thankgiving: November 7--Mrs. Sandra

A smooth day in the PreK2 classroom at NCA wouldn't be possible without Mrs. Sandra Telleria, my (Andrew's) trusty sidekick and classroom aide. She's been working in the PreK2 room for 5 years, which gives her quite an edge when it comes to experience in early childhood education! Sandra is up for anything, and always looks for ways to make my day a bit easier and less chaotic. She VERY RARELY shakes her head and says, "Mr. Ippel!" in a certain tone after I plan a very messy, crazy lesson for the students that leaves our room and our children a disaster:) I am so thankful for her ability to communicate in English and Spanish--she helps speak with parents, translate documents and newsletters, and is my private Spanish tutor after my students leave for the day. We have a rule that I can only speak Spanish with her after 12:30; unfortunately I'm a bit inconsistent with following that rule! I appreciate the way Sandra communicates her faith and her strong relationship with God-her faith shines through in our conversations throughout the day. Sandra has two children attending college in California and is looking forward to a trip there over Christmas to spend time together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment